February 14, 2011

Tempozan Ferris Wheel

Some months back I already introduced the imposing Tempozan Ferris Wheel standing between the Osaka Aquarium and a cable-stayed bridge (panorama better viewed enlarged).

Osaka, 2009

This ferris wheel stands 112.5 meters / 370 feet tall and measures 100 meters / 328 feet in diameter, making it one of the largest in the world. 

I still feel a tinge of regret that we did not have the time to take the 17-minute ride to enjoy (and capture!) the view of Osaka Bay, the city and the surrounding mountains, especially since a gray rainy morning had turned into brilliant blue-skied afternoon.


Today I link with Mellow Yellow Monday. Click on the link to find more interesting takes on the theme.

14 comments:

Mona said...

beautiful places love to enjoy these two places :)

have time to visit my MYM entry too

Kay L. Davies said...

Wonderful photos, Francisca. I love the panorama. And that is a very yellow ferris wheel.
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Unknown said...

fabulous photos! i love Ferris wheel rides.:p

Mellow Yellow Monday at Live in the Moment

Pat Tillett said...

Great photos! I've been to Japan several times, but never to Osaka yet.

Gemma Wiseman said...

O what an interesting view in that first photo! And that ferris wheel is certainly huge!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I wanna come down , I don't like this. may be you were smart not to go on it.

Andy said...

A good fun choice for Mellow Yellow Monday.

Jane said...

Great shot, it s funny how so many Cities have a "Wheel" now. Thanks for sharing:)

RNSANE said...

My fear of open heights would probably have prevented me from getting on hat ferris wheels. I would have been terrified.

VP said...

I'd like the view from up there, with my camera obviously.

Lesley said...

that is too bad, I bet the view would have been nice even on a dull day.

Anonymous said...

Great MYM - but I'll stay with my two feet on the ground ;-)

Kim, USA said...

I thought the one in London is the biggest. A 17 minutes ride hmmm I can take it ^_^
MYM

Unknown said...

The wheel looks like fun, and the sky is so blue. Perfect weather for a ride!